The Pegs and The Wire
|Photo Copyright Russell Gayer|
- No, my love, it isn’t as bad as it looks! Granted, Io is not a very hospitable planet but it’s alright.
- In the background of that photo… is it what it looks like?
- Yes, like an ice coated strawberry cake. The first pioneers, years ago, just couldn’t believe their eyes. But look here. See the pegs and the wire on a raised platform? This is where we are going to build our house. We started with a tentative lawn…
She burst out in laughter remembering her first landing on Io.
- Will I be able to visit you one day?
A very loud siren started hooting at regular intervals. She zipped her full pilot overalls and made it to the door.
- Farewell grandma, said the young one, tears coming down her cheeks.
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
word count more or less 100 words.